minor boundary change proposals for three areas:
1) Minor adjustment to direct more new developments to Holy Spirit from current Guardian Angels boundary.
2) Eliminate the option for Winding Way to attend St. Monica, and direct students to St. Andrew. Existing students who now attend Frank Ryan and St. Pius X, will be grandfathered (remain at their current school when designated attendance area school has changed).
3) Provide an option for part of the St. Anne boundary to attend St. James.
The proposed changes will have no impact on existing students, except as noted above, where two (2) students would be grandparented, and where parents from St. Anne may choose the option to attend St. James.
The consultations will occur through the school councils at the affected schools, as well as with OSTA (Ottawa Student Transportation Authority).
The proposed changes attempt to distribute development to existing schools with space and contribute to stable and supportive boundaries for long-term viability.
From: Vicky Kyriaco
Date: March 4, 2016
Re: School Active Transportation Policy Consultation
OSTA is seeking your assistance in distributing this survey link for public consultation on its
proposed School Active Transportation Policy. This policy is scheduled to be presented at
OSTA’s next public governance meeting on April 25, 2016. Delegations may also be heard
at this time.
School active transporation survey
OSTA’s School Active Transportation Program has been in development for the past two
years. With our school board partners, City partners and community partners, we have
been able to support the 50,000+ students who are not eligible for transportation by
motorized vehicle. OSTA’s program includes:
• School Active Transportation Charter, signed by OCDSB, OCSB and OSTA Leaders
• Review of walking hazards at over 180 schools
• Preferred walk route to school maps for all elementary schools
• School Travel Planning facilitation with Green Communities Canada
• Walking School Bus routes at 8 schools
• School site traffic safety reviews
• Participation in the Ottawa School Active Transportation Network
The SAT policy would formalize OSTA’s commitment to continuing to provide services for
students who walk, bike and roll, to school every day.
More information may be found on our website
The Catholic School Parent Association are hosting many workshops in the coming weeks.
To see what they are offering please go to: Catholic School Parents' Association (CSPA)
1-10 of 15